Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Book Review: Desert Raiders by Lucien Soulban

Another book review. . .



So I will start of by being honest, I didn't enjoy this book as much as the previous two. I think that's because I worked out the ending early on, but it is still a good read.

It is about the Tallarn Desert Raiders - they are deployed to a world to investigate a death call from an Imperial Psyker, however data suggests that there has never been any Imperial presence on the world.

The story depicts the internal strife within the newly combined regiment, all linked to the tribal culture of their native Tallarn and how this affects them when they come in to combat, and they do of course!

Unfortunately for me, it was difficult to follow the characters and which tribe they related to, which led to some confusion on my part. and as i previously mentioned I worked out the ending (which was correct) pretty early on.

For me, it just wasn't as good as the other two i had read, which is a shame. Maybe give this one a miss.

Hewkers Out



2 comments:

  1. It is always hard for authors to write about internal culture struggles without some sort of easy way to tell people's allegiances apart. This didn't offer that, or any real build up of suspense, so it just left the audience confused and a bit bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i agree, as it seemed that tribal tension was meant to be such a key part of the story yet it was just hard to follow!
      The main problem for me though, was the fact I predicted (and correctly it turns out) the ending!

      Delete